Published on June 22,2012 at 11:15 am in Noteworthy
, no comments
- Over at Days of Pink, a reflection on experiences with street harassment. “It’s hard to rejoice in your femininity when you’re under constant attack because of it. I used to think that my body was disgusting and that’s why I invited such nastiness.”
- Natalie Zina Walschots has something to say about how we should write about female musicians (hint: focus on their talent, don’t reduce them to their looks or to someone else’s “muse,” and don’t be a sexist pig!).
- My body is not your property.
- Muffin has had it up to HERE with your cat calls and comments on the street.
- Hollaback! founder Emily May was interviewed for SPIN Magazine (!).
- Jay Smooth absolutely nails it when he addresses men on the internet allowing sexism, misogyny, and harassment of females to continue.
- Hollaback! Philly’s subway ad campaign was just funded! Super exciting. Congrats, ladies!
Did we miss anything?
Author comments are in a darker gray color for you to easily identify the posts author in the comments
Leave a Reply