Published on August 10,2012 at 9:00 am in Noteworthy
, no comments
- Caitlin Moran is awesome. This interview that she gave to The Hairpin is also awesome. “It’s a time of enormous potential. The door has never been more open than it is now. We all just swarmed onto the battlefield and we did some enormous stuff and we killed some motherfucking patriarchy, and there are lots of dead patriarchs all over the floor, and that was all good. But we now need to work out which direction we’re going to surge in next. And I just think being reasonable is the big thing that we need, you know, if the women are going to gather around in the 21st century and go, “Ok, we won that battle, where are we going to go next?”"
- “Living in New York City means getting used to street harassment. In the past few years, my name has been Baby, Sexy, Bitch, and Hey You, Why Don’t You Smile? I’ve learned when to give the finger and when to hide. My friend Jen Dziura, a life coaching columnist, advises women that the best way to counter street harassment is to walk calmly up to the whistler or catcaller in question and politely let him know that he needs to learn how to speak to women in a respectful way. It’s because of her that I finally said something to the Hasidic men who harass me in my neighborhood.” -A Woman’s Guide to Hasidic Street Harassment
- We’re a little late to the game in talking about this, but this badass woman made a documentary called Femme de la Rue about street harassment in Brussels and it is getting quite a bit of attention.
- Ex-Boston University hockey player Cory Trivino has plead guilty to assault and battery for groping his RA.
- Women talk about feeling threatened and sexually harassed during pat downs by male officers.
- Readercon gets massive points for the way they handled these sexual harassment allegations at their convention.
What did we miss?
Author comments are in a darker gray color for you to easily identify the posts author in the comments
Leave a Reply