Published on February 11,2013 at 9:00 am in Noteworthy
, one comment
From LHOOQPress on Etsy
Lots of posts by and about dudes in this round-up. We love it!
- Submit a Dear John letter to Hollaback!’s Valentine’s Day campaign!
- Another great street harassment comic from Sara likes to draw things.
- This list of 10 Things to End Rape Culture recommends telling your story!
- We could be cynical and say that we shouldn’t be applauding men for realizing that women are human beings and should be treated as such, but we’d much rather say that pieces like this reinforce the work that we’re doing and make us hopeful that we can change the world that we live in, one harasser at a time. (What I Learned From “A Letter To The Guy Who Harassed Me Outside The Bar”)
- We love the idea that all students be required to take, as a graduation requirement, a course focusing on issues of respecting the sexual boundaries of others.
- “When building male allies in fighting street harassment, it helps to find common ground. It helps put the seriousness of the topic into perspective. The guys with common sense will admit that they hate being harassed in public just as much as we do and hate to see us go through it.” -Building male allies, one guy at a time, Stop Street Harassment
- But if the fun conveys a bad idea, or comes at the expense of somebody who doesn’t deserve it, then it deserves to be critiqued. “Show your power by forcing a kiss upon an unsuspecting girl,” strikes me as a bad idea. I’m not anti-delight. I am anti-dudes-taking-unasked-for-liberties. And I’m pretty sure I’m right to be. -Why Are Conservatives Defending Audi’s Rapey Superbowl Ad?
Author comments are in a darker gray color for you to easily identify the posts author in the comments
Leave a Reply